14 September 2012

Walking on sunshine (and don't it feel good?)

This is a bit behind, since I'm that way lately - I think once I do this post, I'll be caught up, though! - but, as of the last day in August, I have a real toddler. As in, she can toddle. Walk. Fall. All sorts of fun things.
Kyler and I say she decided to walk, because we think she could've done it earlier if she wanted to, but she didn't have the motivation. The motivation she needed? Calista wanted to carry my hardbound book. It's too heavy for one hand, doesn't fit in her mouth, and doesn't work with any bum-scoot method of movement. So, she walked from the middle of the front room to the couch, and hasn't stopped since.
An example of her walking skills, although the first 30 seconds are me trying to convince her to walk, and she's actually generally more stable than shown. Oh well. I'll work on getting a better video at some point.

On the same day as her first real steps, we decided to graduate her to the bigger, more grown up carseat, and facing forward! Now she gets to feel the wind in her face as we drive. We learned the first trip to only put our windows down about half-way. Calista started making funny noises and, while loving the wind, couldn't quite breathe normally. She also had her hands out kind of like she was on a roller coaster.
Silly baby loves to face forward!

With her walking and being in a big girl carseat, forward and everything, I'm sometimes wondering where my baby has gone. And then, sometimes, after she's fallen asleep in my arms while nursing, I know she's still my baby for a while yet.

1 comment:

Liz and Jake said...

Look at her in the car seat! She looks so grown up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...